Thursday, March 19, 2009

Top Five

After that last post I realized I had to come up with my current Top 5 Favorite Books.

1.) The Master and Margarita by Mikahil Bulgakov
2.) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
3.) Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
4.) The Sound and The Fury by William Falkner
5.) Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy


(ok so Top 10)

6.) Nine Stories by J. D. Salinger
7.) Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
8.) Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
9.) Flatland: A Romance in Many Dimensions by Edwin A. Abbott
10.) All the King's Men by Robert Penn Warren


I now want to reread all of these. Oy!

And just an update on what's to come. Right now I am reading Consider the Lobster And Other Essays by David Foster Wallace, Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer, The Stuff of Thought, by Steven Pinker and Parzival by Wolfram von Eschenbach.

2 comments:

  1. Nice choices! Loved All The Kings Men, Master & Margarita and Anna Karenina. You have good taste! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Those three were books that one of my favorite professors made me read. She got me way into Russian Lit. :)

    ReplyDelete